Competitions and vehicle shows on a road

Are you arranging a competition or vehicle show on a road? Then you first need to apply for a permit from the County Administrative Board.

In order to arrange a competition or a vehicle show on a road then you need to apply for a permit from the County Administration Board. If the event extends into more than one county, then you should send your application to the County Administration Board in the county where the event starts.

What counts as a vehicle?

  • cars
  • motorcycles
  • mopeds
  • bicycles
  • roller skis
  • inline skates
  • other methods of transportation with wheels.

Apply for a permit

You need to send in an application for a permit no later than four months prior to the start of the competition or vehicle show.

Other permits that you may need

Closure of a public road

For competitions or vehicle shows that require the closure of a public road, a permit from the body responsible for the road is also required. It is the local municipality or The Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) that are responsible for public roads.

Public event

You may also require a permit from the police if there are other activities arranged in connection with the competition or vehicle show.

Apply for a public event permit, the Police Authority External link.