Turnover support for trading partnerships
Trading partnerships that have suffered financially because of COVID-19 can seek turnover-based financial support from the state. The deadline for applying for support is June 15th 2021.
On this page you'll find general information about the turnover support.
The deadline for applications is June 15th 2021.
The support is divided into six support periods
The support can be applied for by trading partnerships that have at least one natural person registered as a partner as of February 28th 2021 and which have suffered a substantial loss of turnover as a result of the ongoing pandemic.
The support is divided into six support periods:
- March–April 2020
- May 2020
- June–July 2020
- August–October 2020
- November–December 2020
- January–February 2021.
For the support period of March–October 2020, the support is 75 percent of what you lost in your net turnover compared with the same period in 2019. For the support period of November 2020–February 2021, the support is 90 percent of what you lost in your net turnover compared with the same period in 2019. The corresponding months in 2019 constitute the reference period for each support period.
The applicant or applicants can receive up to SEK 120,000 x the number of natural persons who are partners in the trading partnership. The maximum support ceiling depends on the support period to which the application relates.
Who can apply?
- For the support period of March–October 2020, the trading partnership must have had a turnover of at least SEK 200,000 x the number of partners for the whole of 2019 in order to receive the support.
- For the support periods of November–December 2020 and January– February 2021, the trading company must have had a turnover of at least SEK 180,000 x the number of partners for the whole of 2019.
- The loss of turnover must be because of the effects of the pandemic and the trading partnership must have done whatever could be reasonably expected to exhaust the possibilities of receiving insurance compensation, damages and similar compensation for lost turnover on which the support is to be calculated.
Requirement for the support
In order for the support to be granted, the net turnover for
- March–April 2020 must have been less than 70 percent of the net turnover for the 2019 reference period
- May 2020 must have been less than 60 percent of the net turnover for the 2019 reference
- June–July 2020 must have been less than 50 percent of the net turnover for the 2019 reference
- August–October 2020 must have been less than 60 percent of the net turnover for the reference period in 2019
- November-December 2020 must have been less than 70 percent of the net turnover for the reference period in 2019.
- January-February 2021 must have been less than 70 percent of the net turnover for the reference period in
How to apply
An application is made via an e-service on the website of the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning.
The deadline for applications is June 15th 2021.
Those who have e-identification should use the e-service in the first instance. Exceptions are persons with a protected identity and persons registered as living abroad. They must apply using a paper form. Contact the County Administrative Board if you need help.
What documents should you send with the application?
When the application is submitted, an extract of accounts must be attached for the financial year that ended on December 31th 2019. One example of an extract of accounts is the profit and loss report for the financial year 2019. It is also mandatory to attach extracts from the accounts for the current reference and support period(s) for 2019 and 2020–2021. Examples of extracts of accounts are the profit and loss report and/or the ledger. In some cases, it may be necessary to attach other types of documents.
Application through a representative
If the applicant represents someone else, or if multiple signatories in an association are required in order to enter into contracts on behalf of the organisation, a power of attorney must be attached to the application. The power of attorney must then be digitally attached in the e-service.
If the trading partnership wishes to submit the application through a representative, a paper form must be used. This is ordered from the County Administrative Board. An application using a paper form and any additions to an e-application are to be sent by regular mail to:
Länsstyrelsen Västra Götalands län
403 40 Göteborg
Processing time for your application
The County Administrative Board will process the applications in turn as they are received. The time it takes to get a decision can vary for different cases. This could be because an application needs to be supplemented or it could depend on how fast decisions are made at the County Administrative Board in question. That in turn depends on how many applications are received.
Applicants will receive notification when the County Administrative Board has made a decision about their case. After that, the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning will pay out the support. It could take up to a couple of weeks after the decision has been taken before the money reaches the applicant’s account.