Competitions and shows on the road
Do you want to organise a competition or show with vehicles on the road? Then you first need to apply for a permit from the County Administrative Board.
To be allowed to organise a competition or show with vehicles on a road, you need to apply for a permit from the County Administrative Board in the county where the competition or show is to be held. If the event affects more than one county, the application must be made in the county where the competition starts.
What counts as a vehicle?
- roller skis
- inline skates
- other modes of transport.
The e-services and forms of the County Administrative Board in this field are not available in English. If you wish to submit an application or notification, you may contact the County Administrative Board, which can inform you how to proceed.
Applications for permits
You need to apply for a permit no later than 4 months before the competition or show. If you do not submit your application on time, we may be forced to reject it.
- the organiser’s name, address and telephone number;
- contact person with telephone details;
- type of competition or show;
- date and time, party responsible for the competition or show;
- colour map showing the route of the competition or show;
- colour map showing the start and finish;
- estimated number of participants;
- consent of the owners of any private roads concerned;
- any need to close roads to hold the competition or show;
- measures taken for sickness and emergency preparedness.
The fee for competitions on the road in a county is SEK 2 900.
The fee for competitions on the road affecting several counties is SEK 7 100.
Shows on the road are free.
Special conditions and other permits
For competitions or shows that require the public road to be closed, you may need to send a permit from the party responsible for the road together with your application.
If a permit should be required in accordance with the Public Order Act, this is examined by the County Administrative Board after consultation with the Police Authority. Please note that applications for a permit in accordance with the Public Order Act must be submitted to the Police Authority. The police authority will then forward your application to the County Administrative Board together with its own opinion.
What happens when I have submitted my application?
- Your application will be registered and given a case number.
- A case handler will investigate your case. You must pay the fee before processing can begin.
- The case is sent for referral to the Police Authority, the Swedish Transport Administration and the municipality concerned.
- The case handler reaches a decision regarding your case.
- We will send you the decision. If we send you a notification receipt, you must sign this once you receive notification of the decision. Then return the notification receipt to the County Administrative Board as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with the decision, you may appeal it within 3 weeks from the date on which you received it. Each decision will contain instructions on how to appeal the decision.
Please contact the County Administrative Board if you have any questions about the investigation or the decision.
County Administrative Board of Västernorrland
Welcome to contact us at:
Phone 0611-34 90 00