Snow in Södermanland CountyRead more on SMHI's website about current weather warnings.

Notification of change in environmentally hazardous activities

Do you plan to change your environmentally hazardous activity? Notify the change to your supervisory authority at least 6 weeks in advance.

If you have to make changes to your environmentally hazardous activity, which is subject to a permit, you may need to notify this or apply for a new permit. If the change has a major impact on human health or the environment or if it qualifies as a new activity subject to a permit, you need to apply for a permit.

Notification of a change must be made in the event of measures or changes to the activity which are not subject to a permit. This may include, for example, changes to processes or purification equipment. The supervisory authority always makes a case-by-case assessment. Please do not hesitate to contact your supervisory authority before submitting the notification.

The e-services and forms of the County Administrative Board in this field are not available in English. If you wish to submit an application or notification, you may contact the County Administrative Board, which can inform you how to proceed.

Whom should I notify?

The notification is sent to the supervisory authority. The County Administrative Board receives notifications in cases where we are the supervisory authority.

Notification content

A notification must contain whatever is relevant to the intended change. Here are examples of what should be included:

  • contact details of the operator;
  • organisation number, real estate titles and property owner;
  • description of the change to be made and the timetable;
  • description of how the planned change fits within the existing environmental permit;
  • an assessment of the effects on human health and the environment;
  • impact on environmental quality standards;
  • compliance with the general rules of consideration in Chapter 2 of the Environmental Code;
  • an environmental impact assessment may be needed
  • attachments, such as drawings.

The notification should be sent digitally to the County Administrative Board. Please note that a scanned notification must be signed and that a detailed and complete notification will help us to reply.

When should the notification be submitted?

The notification must be made in good time, usually 6 weeks, before the change will be implemented.

What happens to my case at the County Administrative Board?

Once the notification has been received, we will assess the information submitted. Sometimes the notification needs extra effort to be completed. Once the notification is complete, you will receive a reply from us via notification or decision.


County Administrative Board of Södermanland County

Welcome to contact us at:

Dela sidan:


Beatrice Ask


Stora Torget 13


611 86 Nyköping



Följ oss