• Eldningsförbud utfärdat i Kalmar län

    Länsstyrelsen har beslutat att det råder eldningsförbud i hela Kalmar län från och med klockan 12.00 den 26 maj. Förbudet gäller tillsvidare. There is a fire ban in Kalmar County from 12 pm on May 26th 2023 and is valid until further notice.

Current warning messages in Kalmar CountyRight now, there are several warning messages in the county. Read more about them on SMHI's website.

Marriage officiant

Do you need a marriage officiant? The County Administrative Board appoints civil marriage officiants and has a list of people who are marriage officiants in the county's municipalities.

The County Administrative Board appoints the number of marriage officiants needed in the county's municipalities. We usually appoint a marriage officiant when we receive a proposal from the municipality.

Do you need a marriage officiant?

The County Administrative Board has a list of people who are appointed marriage officiants in each county. You contract the marriage officiant to reserve a date for a wedding ceremony. In some municipalities you can also book a date with the municipality.

Becoming a marriage officiant

The County Administrative Board verifies whether you have the knowledge and qualifications required to become a marriage officiant. The authorisation to act as a marriage officiant is valid throughout Sweden.

Further information about being a marriage officiant

A marriage officiant needs to have knowledge of applicable legislation regarding, for example:

  • how to conduct a wedding ceremony,
  • any impediment to marriage,
  • the documents to be drawn up and submitted after the wedding ceremony.

Payment for marriage officiants

The office of civil marriage officiant is an honorary one. As a marriage officiant you are not entitled to charge a fee from the bridal couple. The county administrative board will pay you SEK 110 for one wedding and then a further SEK 30 per wedding for several weddings on the same day.

Travel expenses for marriage officiants

The County Administrative Board does not pay any travel expenses. However, as a marriage officiant you may request payment from the bridal couple if the wedding ceremony is held at a different location from that offered by the municipality. You may not charge any payment from the couple which is greater than the actual travel costs.

The Marriage Code (1987:230) on the Swedish Parliament website External link.


County Administrative Board of Kalmar County

Welcome to contact us at: