Turnover support for trading partnerships

Trading partnerships that have experienced a substantial decrease in turnover as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for financial support. The County Administrative Board was responsible for administering the support, but you should submit your application to the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning.

The closing date for receipt of applications for the support periods from July to September 2021 is 30 November 2021.

What does the support involve?

The support is divided into three periods:

  • July 2021
  • August 2021
  • September 2021.

For the support periods from July to September 2021, the support amounts to 90 percent of what you lost in net turnover compared with the same period in 2019.

The corresponding month or months in 2019 constitute the reference period for each support period.

Information on previous and future support periods

The application period for the support periods from August to October 2020, November to December 2020 and January to February 2021 ended on 15 June 2021. The application period for support periods from March to June 2021 ended on 15 September 2021. 

Who can apply for the support?

Trading partnerships with at least one natural person registered as a partner as of 28 February 2021 which have suffered a substantial loss of turnover as a result of the ongoing pandemic can apply for turnover support.

What requirements must be met in order for the County Administrative Board to award the support?

The conditions for receiving the support include:

  • the trading partnership recorded a turnover of at least SEK 180,000 x the number of partners throughout 2019 for the support periods July to September 2021
  • the loss of turnover was caused by the pandemic
  • the trading partnership did what could reasonably be expected to exhaust the possibilities of obtaining insurance compensation, damages and similar compensation for the lost turnover used to calculate the support.

In order for the support to be awarded, the net turnover for July to September 2021 must have been less than 70 percent of the net turnover for the 2019 reference period.

How much will I receive in support?

The maximum ceiling for each support period from July to September 2021 is SEK 24,000 x number of natural persons who are partners in the trading partnership.

When is the closing date for applications?

The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 November 2021.

How do I apply?

An application is made via an e-service on the website of the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning.

A read-only version of the e-service is also available to enable you to see what information you will need without having to log in to the e-service.

Read-only version of the e-service for turnover support for trading partnerships External link.

Information about the support from the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning External link.

What documents will I have to submit with my application?

Mandatory attachments to the application are as follows:

  • Extract of the accounts for the financial year ending 31 December 2019. An example of an extract of accounts is the profit and loss account/income statement for the 2019 financial year.
  • Extract of the accounts for the current reference and support period(s) for 2019 and 2021. Examples of extracts of accounts are the profit and loss report/income statement and/or the ledger.
  • Power of attorney. If the applicant represents someone else, or if multiple signatories in an association are required in order to enter into contracts on behalf of the organisation, a power of attorney must be attached to the application. You must then attach the power of attorney digitally in the e-service.

The power of attorney can be downloaded from the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning's website External link.

Documents which must be submitted with the application where appropriate:

  • Decisions, payment notifications and other similar documents concerning compensation or other State support which you have received for the lost turnover used to calculate the support.

An application using a paper form and any additions to an e-application must be sent by ordinary post to:

When will the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning pay the support?

The County Administrative Board will process applications in turn as they are received. The time it takes to get a decision can vary for different cases. This could be because an application needs to be supplemented or it could depend on how fast decisions are made at the County Administrative Board in question. That in turn depends on how many applications are received.

You will be notified when the County Administrative Board has reached a decision about the case. The National Board of Housing, Building and Planning will then pay the support. It could take up to a couple of weeks after the decision has been taken before the money reaches the applicant’s account.

Who does what?

The County Administrative Boards are responsible for issues regarding support, processing, decisions concerning support and the follow-up of support that is distributed.

The County Administrative Board of Östergötland is responsible for coordinating the work of the county administrative boards relating to the support.

If you wish to appeal against the County Administrative Board's decision, you should do so via the Administrative Court.

The National Board of Housing, Building and Planning is responsible for developing the forms and the e-service for the support. The National Board of Housing, Building and Planning also distributes the support that is awarded.

Why did the government introduce the support?

Coronavirus has had a sudden and substantial impact on many businesses. Some businesses have been unable to benefit from the measures that have so far been introduced during the ongoing pandemic, such as support for short-term layoffs and reorientation support.