Waste transportation for companies registered in Sweden
Do you transport waste professionally, or do you transport waste from your own business? If so, you either need a permit to transport waste or you must file a notification with the County Administrative Board. You should also file a notification if you professionally collect waste or if you are a trader or broker of waste.
When to apply for a permit
If you transport waste professionally, which means that you transport waste for another party, you should always apply for a permit to transport waste, regardless of the amount. This applies for both commercial transport companies and service companies.
If you transport waste from your own business, you need to apply for a permit if the amount of waste to be transported exceeds
- 100 kilos or 100 litres of hazardous waste per year
- 10 tonnes or 50 cubic metres of non-hazardous waste per year.
Hazardous waste permits are normally valid for five years. Permits for non-hazardous waste may be valid until further notice, but can also be issued for a fixed period of time.
When you need to submit a notification
If you transport hazardous waste that has been generated through your own professional activities, you need to submit a notification to the County Administrative Board
- if the amount is less than 100 kilos or 100 litres per year
- if you will be transporting waste that is exempt from the permit requirement (a list of these types of waste is provided below).
The notification is valid for five years.
You also need to report whether you professionally collect waste or if you are a trader or broker of waste.
Apply or notify through our e-service
Both the application for and notification of waste transportation are made in our e-service:
Administrative information including:
- the business name
- organization number
- phone number
- Email address
The notification certifies only that the notification is valid for transports of hazardous waste less than 100 kg or 100 liters per year.
Waste traders or brokers must submit a description of the business.
When applying for a permit, the following information must be included:
- What types of waste you are transporting. Is it hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, or both types of waste? Waste codes are listed in the Waste ordinance annex 4.
- How you are transporting the waste. (Piece goods-, container- flatbed-, or tank transport).
- If the business use drivers with an ADR certificate.
- If the business have a security advisor registered with the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency?
- If the business have a commercial traffic permit (yrkestrafiktillstånd).
- When transporting hazardous goods in a tank transport, a ”vehicle certificate for tank transport” must be included.
- A short description of the main business and a background to the transportations of waste. A description of relevant education or experiences of transporting waste, as well as information about whether or not the business has an environmental certificate etc.
- Notification: 320 SEK.
- Transportation permit for hazardous waste with/without other types of waste:
2 900 SEK.
- Transportation permit for other types of waste only: 1 660 SEK.
Payment in our e-service
When you submit an application through our e-service, you may choose to pay directly in the e-service using a Visa or MasterCard, or pay to a Bank Giro using an OCR-number. You will find information about the Bank Giro number and OCR-number on the acknowledgement confirmation you will receive when submitting the application in the e-service.
If you have a foreign-registered company, you need to use another e-service. The service is in English, but it is possible to answer the questions in any Nordic language.