The County Administrative Board appoints civil marriage officiators, usually following a proposal from the municipal authorities in the county.

The persons appointed as marriage officiators receive an official appointment and as a rule cannot only be appointed for individual wedding ceremonies. The County Administrative Board has a list of those appointed as marriage officiators in each county and you can contact the County Administrative Board or your municipality to find out who they are.  

The time of the marriage is scheduled with the marriage officiator but in some municipalities, the time can also be scheduled via the municipal authority.  

If you are under 18 years you are not allowed to get married in Sweden.

Contact us

Ulla Sandell
Rätts och djurskydd
ulla punkt sandell snabela lansstyrelsen punkt se¤ulla punkt sandell snabela lansstyrelsen punkt se
Länsstyrelsen Blekinge län
Skeppsbrokajen 4, 371 86 Karlskrona
blekinge snabela lansstyrelsen punkt se¤blekinge snabela lansstyrelsen punkt se
+46(0)10-224 00 00
Fax: +46(0)10-224 02 23