Service of process companies have the opportunity to apply to the Administrative Board for authorisation.
Authorised service of process companies are under the supervision of the County Administrative Board. All of the personnel at an authorised service of process company must be approved. Personnel who are approved also have the right to carry out personal service as a process server.
The County Administrative Board in Skåne, Norrbotten, Stockholm and Västra Götaland authorise and supervise service of process companies.
Content of the authorisation application
An application should be made in writing and contain information on:
- The name of the applicant, personal ID number or corporate identity number and address, as well as whether the applicant is a legal entity, the corresponding information for the CEO or others who oversee activities and the board members and deputy board members of the service of process company.
- The name, personal ID number or corporate identity number and address for those owners who have a significant influence over the management of the company.
- The persons who are employed or otherwise active in the company and which of these have already been approved.
- The company's authorised signatories.
- In which county or counties the service of process company intends to carry out the service of process activities.
The applicants should attach the following to the authorisation application:
- Birth certificate.
- Proof of no previous bankruptcy.
- Proof of no trading prohibitions.
- Assurance that the person does not have an administrator under Chapter 11 section 7 of The Parental Code.
The application must also include a statement on how the company intends to conduct service operations and how the company will ensure that staff have the necessary training.
Authorisation of personnel
All personnel, including those who will not act as a process servers, employed by an authorised service of process company should be authorised in terms of the law and generally suitable for a post in such a company. This also applies to the business managers and members and deputy members of the service of process company's board.
Applications should be made in writing and contain information on the name, personal ID number and address of the applicant.